Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Tropics

The head of my bed at the Tudor Lodge is directly under a double window that faces east towards the ocean. All night long I heard the waves crashing onto the shore. The birds joined in as day broke ensuring that I would not be sleeping in today. I decided to talk a walk down to the beach and met Dean heading out to do the same thing. It was obvious I was not at home; I was walking on the beach in shorts shortly after sunrise watching a few lone surfers working the waves while listening to crashing waves and tropical birds. After a really nice breakfast we set about finishing the chores we didn't complete yesterday.

During our drive back to Stanwell Park on Tuesday evening, we decided the current PVC glider rack was too flimsy. So we headed back to Sydney. We stopped at a huge mall in Miranda to get our cell phones, maps, and a few other things. All the holiday shoppers were out in full force buying everying that wasn't nailed down! Dean picked up some profressional grade film at a camera store and a glider part at the Moyes factory before we headed back to Stanwell.

No comments: