Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Another Dull Day at Wallaby Ranch

We had another dull day at Wallaby Monday. I awoke to find two hot air balloons landing. Yawn. During our full course breakfast, Rob, Steve, and Lisa from Wills Wing pulled in with a truck and trailer full of demo gliders, including the new T2. Of course we HAD to setup the new toys. You would think they could set up the gliders themselves. ;-) A little later Bob Corbo floated him with his micro-trike. Since the weather was nice, everyone decided to fly. Not much happened during my 4.5 hour flight besides flying with the eagles, sailplanes, the aforementioned truck load of demo gliders, plastic bags, escaped children's balloons, Bob's micro-trike, and ash from the fire near Route 192. Besides, it was cold at 5000 feet. We ended the day with a trip to a Vietnamese restaurant. Maybe something interesting will happen today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds positively awful. Since I'm sort of an amateur sadomasochist, I guess I’ll just come on down in a few days and share the misery. Hopefully there will be plenty of sun so I can get a nice painful burn and a high cloudbase so I can freeze my butt off, maybe catch a cold. Long flights so I’ll have plenty of sore muscles. I can hardly wait!

Rodger

Anonymous said...

Blah Blah Blah - THursday and Friday don't look all that great either, then the BLOWN OUT weekend should be thrilling...but alas, you never really know until you go....See u tomorrow !

Rob