Thursday, April 14, 2005

Flytec Meet: The day before

We had a typical "day before the meet" today. People were unpacking new gliders, checking their latest tuning adjustments with quick flights, registering, and meeting old friends and making new friends. I jumped into the air for a couple of hours but stayed close to home since I didn't have a driver and didn't want to wear myself out before the meet starts. I flew with PK this afternoon, talked to Tim about his flight, and talked with Michael; so the New England gang is here and ready to go.

I heard that Rodger and Mark flew about 20 miles out of Wallaby today. Dave headed downwind but Rodger didn't know where he landed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My short and sad stay in FLA was just that - I need to go back - like right now...I envy all my pals going XC every day whilst I sit here at my desk wondering how I can escape.....Good flights to you Tom..make goal every day..Rob

Tom Lanning said...

Thanks Rob! The next several days are going to be windy. If we fly, it will be exciting!

You should have stayed for Fun'N Sun; I am sure you would have loved all the trike displays. I'll have to show you my collection of pictures when I get back. There are a couple I took just for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tom - It's obvious I'm no super HG pilot - and I've always been a motorhead at heart...I've considered moth balling all my crap and going in that direction, but you never know, I could be on the verge of that epic flight that'll snap me out of it...I need a few days with Mike or Curt - Drag one of them home for me !

Anyways - keep the Blog populated with some good stuff...it's a fine escape from the rat race...

Fly safe, and like you stole it !

Rob