Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Cape Cod

Drove 6 hours yesterday to watch the surf pound and wind blow at the cape. I knew it might be blown out but I didn't want to let a soarable day go unused since the cape is off limits for the season starting April 15. I hooked up with Rodger at the canal and then met Phil at the Wellfleet town beach. We hung out for a couple hours but twisting signs, powerlines, and trees were enough to send us home. To rub (sea) salt in the wound, I heard the sky was littered with pilots today; the day I thought would be too light. Sigh.


I did get to check out the rack Rodger made for his new Forester. As with all of Rodger's projects, its slick and looks factory installed. I now know how to convert Amy's Forester into a 1st class HG-mobile. (Thanks for the pictures Rodger).

5 comments:

Mike Strother said...

Tom,

I'm thinking about replacing my Jetta for the Forester... do you have more info on how this rack is constructed/attached to the vehicle? It looks very sweet.

Thanks,

Mike

my blog

Tom Lanning said...

This is Rodger's car. I'll pass along your comments to him.

Unknown said...

Hi Tom,

I agree with Mike, this is a great setup. I have a 2003 Subaru Baja (which is basically the same setup). Is is possible you might pass my request along as well.

Many thanks!
Pete

Anonymous said...

Here are some pictures to scare away any prospective rack builders.


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VHGA/photos/album/639126693/pic/589391441/view?picmode=large&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VHGA/photos/album/1825085462/pic/358021756/view?picmode=large&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc

Anonymous said...

Oops, you need to be signed in to view them. Maybe Tom can figure out a way to link 'em.

Rodger