Monday, April 13, 2009

Wills Wing Demo Days

  The Wills Wing party at Wallaby Ranch is always a good time and this year was no exception.  The sound of roaring dragonflies woke me early Saturday morning.  I was greeted with a "good morning" from a tandem pilot flying overhead when I crawled out of the tent.  The onslaught continued throughout the day with over 250 tows before sunset.

  After a hardy breakfast with many friends I watched a "missing man formation" fly-over performed by the tug pilots in memory of Rob Kells.  I lazily rigged the glider sometime after noon and took to the sky with everyone else.  The wind was blowing about 10 mph from the west and John B and Steve P even managed (very) short XC flights.  ;-)  I flew around the ranch for an hour before coming down to clean up for the evening's festivities.  The crowd was large, the corn delicious, the margaritas cold, the dinner great, the tribute to Rob moving, the slide show cool, and the thanks to the ranch well earned.  We ate, drank, talked, joked, and danced to a band into the night.  (Nathan J even joined the band on bass for a song.)

  Here's some shots of the crew I took during the demo days.


Flights: 1, Airtime: 1:07

No comments: