Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Wallaby Ranch - Evening Glow


Tuesday started hot and got hotter.  The stable blue sky kept me on the ground as I checked out the latest gliders made by the toy makers at Wills Wings.  The steady stream of sledders slowed around mid-day as pilots slowing starting soaring.  Jason and I pushed out to launch and were in the air by 2:45.

My tow was better than the sloppy show I gave yesterday.  I was dropped off with a shrug of the shoulders as we didn't find much on the way up.  I noticed a glider climbing far to the northeast and made a bee-line a forming gaggle.  Jason was dropped off nearby and we joined up for a climb as we drifted northeast.  I lost Jason on the long glide back and watched him land as I stumbled into another climb that ended almost where the previous thermal fizzled.

After couple short climbs and several fun little struggles with thermal wannabes near the field I zoomed in for a nice landing in almost calm conditions. Not an epic flight, but fun nonetheless.  



JR, Rick, and I watched the continuing stream of tugs and gliders while the sun set into the orange groves.  The evening faded into food, drinks, and talk.

Flights: 1, Duration: 0:51

No comments: