Tuesday, April 01, 2014

April Fools

The gang at Wallaby Ranch wondered if mother nature was pulling an April Fools' joke on us when the first pilots towed into the blue sky quickly returned to earth.  Scott L, myself, and a few other patient pilots dragged our feet as long as we could before slowly, and I mean slowly, heading to the launch line.  Luckily, we waited just long enough for the day to turn on and avoid the initial sledder.



Although the day started slowly, it got progressively more soarable and everyone had an enjoyable afternoon in the air.  I flew several 20 mile (30 km) triangles while staying mostly within glide of the ranch.


Bob

Rick

Once again, I was the last to land at 5:30.  I parked the glider, ran through the shower, and quickly joined a group for dinner.  It was a good ending to a day where the joke could have easily been on us.

Here is a short video of the flight.



Flights: 1, Duration: 3:15

No comments: