Saturday, August 09, 2014

Overdone

A small crew gathered at Morningside for some afternoon aero-towing.  It looked promising until a short-wave passed over us and the sky bubbled and then shaded over with too much moisture.  Eric towed me into a safe, but quickly shading, sky.



I wasn't sure what I would find.  I locked into a weak, but steady, climb and settled into for slow ride up.


The entire area was shaded but I found weak widespread lift near cloud base.


Nothing but a big blue hole waited for me downwind to the south.


Shading loomed to the east and west.


So I glided back upwind to the north, passing through large areas of minimal sink.


I searched most of the valley, but was soon heading back to the airstrip when I crossed over Eric towing another pilot up.


I glided off my altitude around the field and chased my shadow to the ground.




I patched a few clips from the flight into a short video,


Flights: 1, Duration: 0:48

No comments: