Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Freedom?

  Despite rumors to the contrary I'm keeping this blog up-to-date.  No flying in weeks despite being "peak" flying season around here.  A series of cut-off-lows formed and parked just off-shore blanketing the area with cold wet drizzly days covered by low featureless slate-gray skies.  Everyone, even non-pilots, are starting to go crazy.



  I did manage to see sunshine last weekend when I escaped to my son's new place in State College Pennsylvania.  The sky looked fantastic as we wandered through a summer music festival downtown.  We were having dinner in a street-side restaurant when Dennis Pagen sat down at the table next to us.  I wasn't sure at first if it was Dennis since I thought he was still in Laragne France measuring gliders at the Worlds.  We talked and he confirmed my fears; they had a great day of flying at Pleasant Gap just a short distance away.  Next time I bring my glider.

  However, the forecast finally has an icon with sunshine.  Yep, independence day!  Appropriate.

  Update:  Seems I jinxed everyone's weekend by talking about a potentially good day before it arrived.  The latest forecast is all wet on Saturday.  Lesson learned ... again.  Sigh.

No comments: