Saturday, December 18, 2004

American Airlines

I originally had purchased a reasonable flight that left Boston at 7:30 am, stopped over at LAX for 2.5 hours and then proceeded to Sydney. Then American Airlines decided to move flight from Boston to LAX to 8:00, which then made the transfer time at LAX too short. Since they could not change the LAX to Sydney flight, they forced me to depart Boston a day early so I could make the flight to Sydney. They would not pay for the hotel in Los Angeles or store my luggage so I wouldn't have to claim it, drag it around and recheck it the next day. Sigh.

I arrived at Logan airport in Boston the day before as planned and checked in. After a brief meal I discovered the 3:45pm flight was delayed until sometime after 8:00pm. Sigh. It is now 4:35pm. There is a flight to LAX at 5:30, but the counter personnel said it was full. However, I just learned there was some room for standby passengers. So I signed up for standby, but not before I was 23 in line. Sigh. Then I found out they were having problems with my harness bag because it was an odd size.

Needless to say, I am not thrilled with American Airlines right now and I have not even left Boston yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run Forest Run!!!!

We are all watching and wishing we were with you.

Anonymous said...

A three 'sigh' day. That's not so good. Hopefully they'll get better. Write often Tom so I can bash my head on my desk and fester in my own personal pool of jealous misery.

Rodger

Tom Lanning said...

Thanks for the good wishes!