Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Will it ever stop?

It seems like it has been raining every day this summer.  I have flying buddies that can count the number of flights they've had this entire year on one hand.  The weather around here is more typical of Florida than Massachusetts.  In some years I've gone all summer without hearing thunder and this year it is almost a daily event.  A good day is one when I can get out early on the mountain bike before the sky explodes with enticing low cumulus followed by scary towering thunderstorms.


There are some good things about the weather this year.  I've had more wild berries (blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries) to eat than ever before. I'm beginning to feel like a bear as I stop and graze for my lunch!

Thank goodness I have been able to follow the pre-worlds, the women's worlds, and the Big Spring International (scores).  My daily phone call to my buds in Texas is definitely helping me through this tough time.

Oops, better shutdown the computer before another bolt of lightning strikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I have flying buddies that can count the number of flights they've had this entire year on one hand."

One hand after an industrial accident....