Monday, January 17, 2011

Morningside

On September 11th of last year I spent a sunny afternoon flying around Morningside, which is nestled on the east side of the Connecticut river valley south of Claremont NH.  I didn't know it at the time, but it would be the last time I would fly at Morningside with Jeff Nicolay as the owner and operator.

The weather continued its atypical late summer pattern by offering up good climbs to unusual heights.   With Rodger's help I rolled out behind Rhett.


 Rhett dropped me off over the house thermal cooking at the factories.


After a quick "thank-you" wave it was time to start circling up.


I kept climbing to 6500 feet (2000m) as Rhett towed the next pilot into the air.

Rhett and next pilot are the white specs to the upper left of my helmet.

I flew around the valley for the most of the afternoon playing with other pilots, birds, and debris sucked into the sky.  The best climbs were over the high ground to the east of Morningside.


I also did some sightseeing over the town of Claremont.


Flights: 1, Duration: 2:57

2 comments:

JackieB said...

Awesome flight. Thanks for sharing. I'm very sorry that I never got to meet Jeff.

Jeff Curtis said...

I had to check my log book to be sure but I flew that day too. My first tow on my Sport 2. Thanks for posting.