Sunday, April 07, 2013

Demo Daze

Although Wills Wing Demo Days at Wallaby Ranch has come and gone, I'm still in a daze.  I awoke early most mornings after a late night to the sound of tugs dragging people into the air over my tent.


I was overfed with great meals prepared by the constantly in-motion crew.



I was treated to an unreal selection of great music each evening.  No kidding, great music.




I caught-up with old friends and made new ones.


I tried out a heads-up flight-computer display.



Celebrated Wills Wing's 40th anniversary with a huge tent full of air-junkies.



Oh, I almost forgot, I picked up a new glider, saw the new "Alpha", attended wonderful sessions on landing and aerobatics lead by Ryan Voight, and watched many happy pilots demo everything from Falcon 4s to T2Cs.


Wills Wing and Wallaby Ranch really know how to throw a party; I hope both continue to celebrate long into the future.


Update:  Pilot videos capture the action on the flight line herehere, and here.
Update: Casey shared a great video of the music and action.
Update: Flyby that I watched from 3000 feet.

No comments: