Monday, September 01, 2014

Aerial Playground

I've been lucky enough to fly hang gliders in many places; sometimes racing across the countryside with a hoard of friends, sometimes helping new pilots find their wings, and sometimes just chill'n at cloudbase watching the world unfold below me.  I had a flight today that stirred memories of my first soaring flights when just staying in the air was magical.  I didn't see any new terrain, didn't set any personal bests, experience any "special air", or even experience anything new.  On the contrary, it felt old and familiar, like relaxing in the backyard on a peaceful summer afternoon with friends.

It was special to be back in the old aerial playground again.










Here is a video sample of the flight.  (I included the complete landing sequence to shows how a complete approach can be flown on the uprights avoiding the complicated transferring of hands from the base bar while close to the ground.)


Update: Max wrote about his flight that day on his blog SkyMax.

Flights: 1, Duration: 3:47

No comments: