Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pull the Plug

Davis, Richard, and I originally planned to fly to Arcadia.  However, as the day progressed we changed the task to Fantasy of Flight and back.

I was the first off and Mark dropped me into a strong climb that I rode to base.  Malcolm, Richard, and Davis weren't so lucky and had to piece together several weaker climbs to get up.  I waited around so we could leave together.

We started south but Davis pointed out several large cells to the east that were dumping copious amounts of rain.  The cells were building to the west, but, as we found out later, were mostly moving to the south.  We had to make a quick call and decided to return to the field before things got potentially messy.

I had a good landing and had my glider mostly packed up before the gust front swept across the field.

(No pictures today since I am preparing for the upcoming competition.)

Flights: 1, Duration: 1:11

No comments: