Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Quest Air

I awoke this morning to dark imposing clouds so I decided it was time to move to Quest. After breakfast at the ranch, I noticed the sky was clearing and cummies were appearing. Dang. I knew I should have checked the weather forecast. Oh well, the truck was already loaded, so I hit the road. I quickly picked out a spot, pitched the tent, signed the waiver, and rigged the glider. I got into the air just in time to greet Rick who flow in from Wallaby. I managed a weak climb for a few minutes but was soon back on the ground. Although Rick landed, I wanted some airtime so I went back up for another 2.5 hours. I spent the afternoon around Quest since I didn't have a driver and didn't want to miss out on dinner with the gang. I practiced high speed glides and climbing with a lot of VG applied.

I learned later that Mark flew to Quest and almost back to Wallaby. Rodger and Brian stayed at the ranch, but had nice flights.

The clinic that Curt organized seemed to be going well. Many of the students told me there were learning a lot and having a good time.

No comments: