Thursday, April 24, 2008

Santa Cruz Flats (Day 4)

The course today was a windy trip from the oasis to the desert to the southeast. The launch line was a total dust bowl; at times pilots could not see the pilot laying in front of them. (I'll be coughing up dust for days!) However, the launches went well and pilots got out even though some tows were rough down low. Amy and I drove by an airplane graveyard, took the long way through the Saguaro National Park, stopped to see the happy pilots at sweet RC airfield serving as goal, and then drove through the gap to Tucson.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom,

I noticed that Patrick Kruse is in the comp. Say "hi" for me.

Rodger

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Sweet pictures! Looks like a cool place. You'll have to show me more pictures when you get home. Hope you guys are having fun!

Scott