Thursday, May 07, 2009

Flytec Rally (Day 5)

I camped at the airfield in Americus Georgia last evening and awoke to yet another approaching series of showers and thunderstorms.  I packed up my wet tent and joined Bill and Patrick for the first course of breakfast.


I had second breakfast with Dennis in town before heading to the pilots meeting.


The weather for the next 3 days of the Flytec Rally looked wet and windy to the north so the rally turned around and returned to Quest Air in Groveland Florida.  I shared the ride back with Steve Kroop who was graciously driving my truck along the course so I could continue home from Tennessee.  Thank you very much Steve.

Once back at Quest Air, we setup our tents, rigged our gliders, watched some pilots, such as Zak, blow off steam with evening flights.

After sunset most of the pilots met at the Olive Garden for dinner, conversation, and to download waypoints.  Tomorrow we start flying again.

No comments: