Thursday, April 05, 2012

Wills Wing Demo Days - Little Bird

I awoke to the sound of hot-air balloons firing their burners in the early morning fog yesterday morning at Wallaby Ranch.


The crew from Wills Wing had their full line of gliders available for demo flights and many pilots hopped into the air for 1 hour demo flights.

I snagged a test flight on the yet-to-be-formally-announced small "136" version of the T2C.  The air down low was rowdy and everyone's tow was a challenge.  I was immediately pleased with the light handling as the tug pilot and I danced through the roiling air.  It climbed well and made it into the "air conditioned" top floor that was much smoother.  I made several long high-speed glides into the moderate southwest wind and again was impressed with the handling and control.

Photo by Steve Pearson

I eventually settled back into the choppy air below and played around the field before coming in for a nice landing.  Dang, I have glider envy again.

We had dinner, drinks, and music at the ranch last night.  Life's good.

Flights: 1, Duration: 0:46

1 comment:

Jeff Curtis said...

Glad to hear you are having fun Tom! I am having Flying Trip envy ;-)