Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Flytec - Day 2

Windy; called after a couple delays.

Bruce, Mark, and I were chosen as the safety committee. It looked windy in the morning and the reports from the surrounding airports verified that. However, the winds were predicted to slacken and they started to drop off to the north. Bo went up and said it might be ok for one or two pilots going XC but recommended not launching a large competition field. If you know "go for it" Bo then that might have been enough. However the deal-closer was the fear that the rush to setup gliders and dash into the air to get the expiring start clocks would create an unsafe atmosphere where one or more pilots might incorrectly rig a glider, bypass a safety check, or not carefully think things through.

Dave, PK, and I had lunch at Wallaby. PK needed to pick up a part and I wanted to see some visiting pilots; Dennis, Mark, and Phil from New England and Rick and Philipi from Ohio.

I included some pictures of a plane that visited Wallaby a couple of weeks ago. It was decorated as a dragon.

On a personal note, I finally went to a doctor Sunday afternoon. Without tests he could not be sure but he began treating me for "walking pneumonia". For the first time in over a week I awoke this morning feeling like getting out of the tent instead of crawling back in.

No comments: