Friday, April 24, 2009

Transition

I left Wallaby Ranch Thursday morning after breakfast for the Florida Ridge and the Rob Kells Memorial Competition.  However before I left I check out Mick's progress on his Carbon Dragon and said goodbye to "tin head".

As I drove south I watched clouds form and then fill the sky until I was close to Lake Okeechobee and its famous "blue hole".

There were a few people in the air when I pulled into the "Ridge" and thought about setting up, but was happy finding a shady spot to pitch the tent and settle in.


I grabbed a shot of James and a tandem passenger while having breakfast Friday morning.  I spent most of the day greeting people as the arrived and catching up after a long winter.  Several pilots flew mid-day, but most decided to sit out the breezy conditions.

The competition starts tomorrow morning.

No comments: