Monday, April 25, 2011

Tethered

I was tired and sore on Friday so I decided to work on my glider and stay tethered to the airfield, i.e., always within a safe glide back.  Jochen, Davis, and Mitch launched before me into a blue sky and were scatter looking for a climb when I released.  Mitch and I found an elusive climb to the west of the field.


Davis, Mitch, and I slowly climbed while Jochen pulled off a minor miracle with a very low save off the north end of the runway.  We all topped out at 3700 feet while everyone on the ground stayed put, uninspired by our performance.


The other 3 pilots had to make a decision about a task for the day.  A long trip to the north was unrealistic but Davis suggested a small triangle and they took off.

Meanwhile the tug starting pulling more victims skyward and I was soon flying with Dave and Mark on rigid wings.


I took pictures of my wing in various configurations for later review.


I played around south of Quest Air with another pilot before heading back for a sweet landing.



Davis and Jochen landed a few miles to the north while Mitch parked over a fire until the day became better and carefully made his way back home.

Flights: 1, Duration: 2:02

2 comments:

Kinsley said...

Hey Tom, think that's me (another pilot south of Quest). What happened to the "Close up"?

Kinsley

Tom Lanning said...

It was too blurry and I didn't center the shot. Bummer.