Saturday, January 15, 2005

Yehaw!

Strong lift, strong wind, and plenty of LZs ... I was in heaven! It was too windy to spend much time at the start gate, so I basically launch, did one upwind glide to kill time and then off to the races. The entire field covered ground quickly as the wind picked up. An inversion at 4500 broke and we soon beamed to 7000 feet. I got a little too aggressive and got low at the first turnpoint. The gaggle that was following me took a different line and flew about 3k beyond me; just too far for me to reach. I sniffed around over a vineyard when I stumbled onto a 800 fpm up thermal that took me up over the pilots that just flew over me. Sweet revenge!

I made it into goal. Curt landed at the start gate. Davis was the first in, but left before the start gate opened. It will be interesting to see the scores in the morning.

P.S. The glider is finally flying well.

3 comments:

Ice Queen Elsa said...

Great to hear that your equipement is getting sorted out and the flying was living up to the potential of Hay.

Unfortunate that Curt landed at the start circle; looks like Dustin and Kevin needs push hard to be the top US pilot.

Keep having fun and thanhks for the updates.

Ron

PS - I read yesterday's BLOG to Elsa and her quick reply was 'Thank You for not making me go there this year!'

David said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David said...

Hi Tom, Thanks for keeping us informed. This is a great travelog and it makes it fun for everyone not there.