Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Green Swamp Sport Klassic (Day 3)

The task was a dogleg to the west northwest and then north northwest.  The task and results are available on Soaring Spot while the task and tracks are available on AirTribune.

I pinned off early to the east of the field when I spotted two birds climbing faster than I was on tow.  Some competitors were not able to stick on the first tow, so I waited awhile before starting with several pilots.

Coming to get some good lift

Some pilots not so lucky (airfield lower right)

I flew northwest and marked several climbs.




As the western sea breeze pushed in, the climbs got better and more numerous.  Time to relax and enjoy the easy base-to-base flying.



We had one river crossing that might have been a problem on a weak day, but didn't present much of challenge today.  I watched Davis come in lower over the river but he pushed west and found a good climb as I continued on to goal.


Goal is the airfield in the center

Greg, Corey, Matt, and a few others landed in a field to the southeast of the runway.  After watching a couple landings and hearing Larry's warning about the windsock being stuck, I decided to land at the northern end of the runway with him where there were small windsocks on the tops of the hangers.  Davis landed a few minutes later.



Larry found shade!

Davis landing

Track

Sue gave us a ride back to Quest while we snacked on cheese nuggets and reviewed our day as mentors.

Flights: 1, Duration: 2:12, Distance: 58.9 km

No comments: