Saturday, April 18, 2015

On Second Thought

The weather has been "tropical" lately but I thought I could squeeze in a flight before the afternoon showers and thunderstorms started.  Well, I was wrong!  After Paul dropped me off in a weak climb to the northwest I noticed a large area of showers due west of the field slowly moving east.  My current climb wasn't quick enough to give me enough maneuvering room and the closest promising climb was far enough away that if it wasn't working I couldn't make it back.  So I decided to burn off my altitude and land.  I landed next to the large tent and had enough time to slide my glider in before it started raining.

Although the afternoon soaring has been limited, there has been flying and demos in the morning, great meals, and entertainment during the evenings here at Wallaby Ranch.



Flights: 1, Duration: 0:12

No comments: