Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Flytec Race and Rally - Day 1

Since time and internet access is limited, my posts might be delayed and almost certainly shorter than usual.

The drive from the Florida Ridge was an amazing drive through clouds of "love bugs".


We spent most of the afternoon after arriving at Quest Air power washing cars and trucks so our drivers could see out the windows!

The first leg of the rally was Quest to the airfield at Keystone Florida.  It was blue, the top of climb relatively low (3500 feet), and little or no wind to help cover the distance.  Pilots were reluctant to launch, especially after some of the early launchers landed.  However, we pushed on and managed to start covering ground.


I was doing well until I go low about 1/2 of the way there at the first turn point.  I struggle for 45 minutes before landing with Chris.  (I need to be careful picking in small LZs.  ;-)


My retrieve crew, headed by Mavis, arrived as I finished packing.


You can read more about the rally at the Flytec Race and Rally blog.

Flights: 1, Duration: 3:53, Distance: 52.4 miles

No comments: