Monday, May 02, 2011

Rob Kells Memorial - Day 2 - Dragging an Anchor

I was dragging an anchor all day yesterday and it was my fear of getting low in breezy to windy conditions.

We had a crossing downwind task to the northwest and then a crosswind leg to the north-northwest.  Total distance was 122 km (75.8).


The task was postponed for 30 minutes by the task committee.



Most of us fought the wind waiting for later start times.  I botched the first glide out of the start gate and got pinched from the main gaggle.  A secondary group formed and we slowly made our way to the first turn point.  The crosswind task was more difficult but I stayed high (and horribly slow) until I was close to goal.  I was looking at the ground close to goal, but managed to float in very late.



Lots of pilots made goal, almost all of them faster than the pilot dragging the anchor!

Flights: 1, Duration: 4:00, Distance: 75.8

No comments: