Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Flytec Race and Rally - Day 2

The second leg of the rally was from the Suwannee County Airport to the airfield at Moultrie, Georgia.


It was hot on the ground, but we managed anyway.



The sky filled with clouds but we initially had an 11 mph headwind.  It was tough getting out of the start circle.  Every time I looked down I was back over the airfield.


I grabbed a quick shot right at the start.


It was a fast racing day; I could barely fly fast enough to keep up.  Whew.

I made goal, along with half of the other pilots.  We parked our gliders in protected spots in preparation for today's flight.


After a lively dinner at a Mexican restaurant we crashed for the night.


You can read more about the rally at the Flytec Race and Rally blog.


Flights: 1, Duration: 4:37, Distance: 71.4 miles

No comments: